Whether you’re looking for a simple website or a functional e-commerce website, the chances are that you may be able to find a few web templates from your hosting company. A simple web template may cost under $20 dollars, but a well-designed professional e-commerce website will cost a few hundred or more if not thousands. The cost of web templates is still cheap compared to custom-made e-commerce websites where Web designers charge anywhere from $20 to $100 per hour. If you want to check out some templates, go to https://www.templatesbox.com/ or see our range at: http://rightbiz.com/website-design/index.php
Besides the requirements of standard web hosting plans, Web hosting templates for e-commerce operations need a shopping cart that supports an online catalog and online payment processing (here’s a clue, pick PayPal). Web templates for e-commerce often include common pages and navigation for online shopping – searching or browsing products, adding items to shopping carts and making payments. The web templates for e-commerce do not include or connect to any specific shopping cart. It’s up to the webmasters to add shopping cart to the site.
The alternative e-commerce hosting to web templates is an e-commerce turnkey solution. EBay Stores, Yahoo! and GoDaddy.com are the most popular turn-key e-commerce solutions for small businesses that want to setup online stores easily. Different hosting plans may have different free structures. The cost of each hosting plan often varies on transaction volume.
When comparing functionality, there are lots of questions to ask:
1) Whether a shopping cart accepts online check or debit card.
2) Whether there’s a limit on the number of products and categories that you can setup.
3) Whether it automatically sends out an email notification once an order is placed at your web-site.
When looking at the cost of your ecommerce operation, you’ll need to ask questions about:
1) what’s the basic monthly fee for transactions.
2) Is there’s a setup fee for a new online store.
3) How about shipping, handling and taxes?
4) What are the charges for International transactions.
Email your hosting service about e-commerce solutions and discuss the best plan to go with.